Reid State Technical College is excited to offer you the 2014 GED® Test. The test is administered on Reid State’s Main Campus in building 100, Testing Center. The test is administered by Ms. Mandy Godwin. Ms. Godwin can be reached at 251-578-1313 ext. 149 or email@example.com. Persons eligible to take the test must register in advance online at GED.com
. The cost of the test is $120, or $30 for each of the four sections. Adult Education students who perform well academically may be eligible for financial assistance in paying for the test. For more information about this assistance, please contact the Adult Education Director at 251 578-1313 ext.163.
What’s the 2014 GED® test like?
The GED® test has been updated to make sure it measures what graduating high school seniors know and what colleges and employers will expect of you.
Where can I study?
- Four (4) parts:
- Science (90 minutes)
- Social Studies (90 minutes)
- Reasoning Through Language Arts (150 minutes including a 10-minute break)
- Mathematical Reasoning (90 minutes)
- Offered on computer
- English and Spanish
Contact the Reid State Technical College Adult Education Program at 251 578-1313 ext. 163.
or sign up for MyGED™ at GED.com
and click on “Study” to find tools, free practice test questions, and GED Ready™: The Official Practice Test.
How do I register?
Sign up for MyGED™ at GED.com
and you will get information about local policies, how to request modified testing conditions (accommodations), or you’ll be able to schedule right then.
In order to be administered the GED Test, candidates shall:
Not be enrolled in a public K-12 school, a private K-12 school, a church school or a private tutor program registered with the Alabama Department of Education.
** Alabama residency is required for applicants under eighteen (18) years of age.
- Not have earned a secondary school diploma from a public school or private school registered with the Alabama Department of Education.
- Meet one of the following requirements:
- Eighteen (18) years of age or older
- Seventeen (17) years of age, exited an Alabama public school and present to the GED Examiner a notarized Student Exit Interview form from the school system and a notarized letter from a parent/legal guardian giving permission to administer the GED Test to the applicant.
- Sixteen (16) years of age, exited an Alabama public school and present to the GED Examiner a notarized Certificate of Exemption issued by his/her local superintendent and a notarized letter from a parent/legal guardian giving permission to administer the GED Test to the applicant.
- Sixteen (16) or seventeen (17) years of age, resident of Alabama, exited a private school, a church school, or a private tutor program and must present to the GED Examiner a notarized letter from a parent/legal guardian that the applicant has permission to be administered the GED Test and evidence of withdrawal on school/program letterhead.
In order to complete the online register for a 16 or 17 year old, the required documentation listed above must be physically turned into a GED testing center.
When can I schedule?
Scheduling is available 24 hours a day 7 days a week with MyGED™ at GED.com
. Log in and click on “Schedule Test” on the top. Once you complete the scheduling questions you’ll be directed to choose your language, subject, and the day and time that works best for you to test. You can also schedule one test at a time to make sure you feel prepared every time.
How long is the process for GED test pre-registration?
20 – 30 minutes
What is the passing score?
On the 2014 GED® test you need to earn at least 150 points on each subject to pass. To find out if you’re likely to pass, take GED Ready™: The Official Practice Test and the only test that can tell you if you’re likely to pass. Sign into MyGED™ at GED.com
to get ready with GED Ready™.
How long does it take to get GED scores after testing?
Scores will be received immediately upon completion of the exam. However, Reasoning through Language Arts (essay) scores will take 3-5 business days and can be checked at GED.com
under the examinees profile.
Is there a fee to take the test?
The GED Test fee is $120 for the complete battery or ($30 per subject).
Get started at GED.com
. Register today!!!!